Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first Mothers Day!

I was reading this morning about a special Mother's day offer at the local Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Despite Eric and I both living in Charlotte since 2002/2003, neither of us had ever been there. It's about 30 minutes away in a town called Belmont. Today they were letting mothers in free, plus doing free 15 minute chair massages. And the first 25o mommies there got a free potted plant. After I read about it this morning, I decided that would be a fun thing to do. And plus, we have a pop up sun shade we wanted to try with Drake. We made some sandwiches (well I made some sandwiches), and off we went. It was a great day!


There was quite the line to get in.
Hanging out in line with the Drakester. That is a Moby wrap I have him in. I forgot a hat for him, but the Moby material is UV protectant, so I used it to cover his little head. He loves being cozied up against me in the Moby.
Chilling after eating our picnic lunch
He refused to look at the camera!
Me and my sweet boy. I love being his mommy.


We had a great time at the garden.
The chubba wubba took a little bit of a nap.
Look at that proud poppa!

Cheesin it up with Eric
A bush of some sort, shaped like a teddy bear.
The orchid conservatory
Wall of orchids
Pretty orchids


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day... I am excited to finally see some pictures... what a beautiful family!! I miss seeing you guys! We need to have a family reunion in the next few years so all the cousins can meet.

Anonymous said...

sorry guess I don't know how to sign this... Love MOLLI

bestamommy said...

What a fun day, and a beautiful place! Were you able to receive the free giveaways (massage and plant)? Glad you had a memorable day, and captured the moments too!

Kim ;0)

Angela said...

Happy Mothers day!!!