Monday, April 2, 2012

Winning

I'm obviously winner of the world. I have all three kids asleep for naps, in one hotel room. Booyah.

And there is a new quote of the decade, soon to go up on the fridge at home. "It is better to cross the line and suffer the consequences, than to spend the rest of your life just standing and staring at the line."

I've been all about crossing lines and setting boundaries lately. And it feels really good, I've just got to tell ya. I've been telling the TRUTH about how I really FEEL, and it's liberating.

You should see our three stinkers in the pool. They absolutely love it! The next session of swim lasts thru mid June, and all three are taking lessons this time. Then we are going to take a break for a while, probably until fall. We bought our day passes for Great Wolf Lodge, and can't wait to take the kids back, but this time the outdoor water park should be open. We also are in the process of buying our season passes to Carowinds, and I know the kids will all love the water park this summer. I somehow still have plenty of vacation time left, even after taking leave for China, staying home with T for a while, and then her surgery. One place I can assure you we will be this summer is at my parents pool!!! I may not have any time off come September. We also want to get down to my aunts lake house and beach house some.

In between all of that, it's time for me to finally get in shape. I've now watched and trialed a cross fit class, and LOVE it. Once we get back home from Spring Break, I will do the six class foundations series, then I can start going to regular classes. We still have a family membership at the Y, so I went there last week to have all my measurements done. I wanted to know how many inches I lose/gain, and my body fat percentage. I will check them all again in three months. Interestingly enough, I've been thinking about how much fun it would be to take boxing lessons. I know- strange, right? But it would be!

With a full time job, and three young kiddos, there just aren't enough hours in the week. I think Eric may do cross fit with me, and we will have a babysitter while we go. We get pretty much zero time together, so I think that would be fun. And we are instituting a new monthly date night!

We should have Eric's student loan paid off in the next few months, and then we are down to just two debts we are working hard at paying off. The next is my student loan, and then we are tackling our home equity line of credit. Then we have to take a serious look at where we are going to live long term. A HUGE factor is if the kids win the lottery with magnet school assignment. That would make it harder to move out of the county. But, Eric's work is in Mooresville and Statesville, so that makes us want to move up to the lake. I am glad these decisions are a few years away, because they are hard ones.
Well, I hope you all (meaning Michelle) have enjoyed this little blog update. It is not often I'm in a quiet hotel room with three kids sleeping, and nothing else left to do.

No comments: