Dr. Caicedo is the Peds GI doctor, and I really like him. And I like him personally, not just professionally. Just last week, I was assigned to the pediatric GI lab, doing the anesthesia for all his endoscopies. He is not only kind and friendly, I think he's a technically proficient doctor. I just hope he agrees with me that my little stinker is healthy as a horse, but the size of a miniature pony.
Drake's height was between 10-25%, his head circumference was 5th%, and his weight was less than 5%. Actually, his weight isn't even up on the curve. His motor and verbal skills are fine. They checked a hemoglobin level, which I knew was standard for their practice at nine months. It was 12.7, completely normal. They did it since the GP in Florence had not. In any case, other than the weight, the visit was fine.
I had my 30 week appointment today, with my favorite midwife Tina. I L-O-V-E my midwives. As if you didn't know if you've been reading my blog for awhile. Eli is measuring on track (my belly matches my weeks), and his heartrate was fine at 140bpm. I drank the nasty drink for my gestational diabetes test, and should get those results soon. They also sent off another HIV and syphilis/chlamydia test. While I appreciate their thoroughness, I am always amused that they assume every pregnant woman's husband is cheating on her. (And giving her diseases). They don't care that I've been negative the last 3 times (twice with Drake, and once with Eli). Apparently the STD testing is NC law? I go back in three weeks, unless something comes up. By then, she should be able to tell me if he is vertex or breech. This is my biggest concern right now. I feel like he's head down, but we'll see. I mostly feel his kicks up high.
Well, that was our day full of appointments. Busy, with a trip to Target thrown in as well. I am off tomorrow, and Drake is going to Mother's Morning Out so I can go to a hair appointment and run a bank errand. I'm not sure what kind of fun we'll find tomorrow afternoon. Maybe the mall play area? Then it's back to work Wednesday-Saturday:-(
No comments:
Post a Comment