Well, I'm a little behind in blogging Drake's second birthday party, but here it is! He turned two on January 5, and his party was on the 8th. I had a lot of fun planning it, and then preparing and decorating. My friend Keli Moore has a company (Bella Lyse) that does event planning and the such. I told her my general idea, and about a party blog that I love. She took that and ran with it, and together we got it all planned! Now, on to the pictures, because I know that's what you really want!
This is the only photo I have of Drake's shirt, that shows it well. So cute!!! I also got a onesie for Eli that had Thing 1/Thing 2, and said "Thing 2" on it. Unfortunately, no picture of that.
You can find the etsy shop that made Drake's shirt here.
Caffeine for the parents...
Juice for the kiddos...

The invitations, buffet signs, water bottle covers, and cupcake toppers all came from HERE. I really cannot emphasize how fabulous this seller was to work with. She was so quick, and I loved all of her work. She's already working on Eli's party:-)
The sign that went with his birthday book:-)
A Dr. Suess book of course!

The birthday crown that Drake refused to wear is from here.
The sweets table. The banner came from my friend Keli, but she ordered it on etsy as well.


The cupcakes are like Thing one and Thing two! Do you get it? The blue cotton candy is like their hair! So stinkin' cute. I added the cotton candy, but the cupcakes were from my favorite cupcake shop in all of Charlotte. Their cupcakes are to die for. UNBELIEVABLY good. SO moist. I can never eat just one. You should really try one if you are ever in Charlotte!
The cake was from this bakery. I was a little worried, because I've found that sometimes the cutest cakes are the ones that don't taste all that great. Well, that certainly wasn't the case with this bakery. I gave them a picture, and they created this tasty treat! The top was chocolate, and the bottom vanilla. Both were delish!

Candy bar! The wrappers on the candy bars were also from the etsy shop that did all of my other paper products.

We don't have one single picture of our family together. Eli slept through most of the party. And the ones we do have look like this...I might as well give up trying to get Drake to look at the camera.
Drake with his Marley. He sure loves this girl! There is not a better babysitter in this entire world!
Starting to fill up
I think Drake was afraid of his Cat in the Hat balloon animal.
The hit of the party were the people who made balloon animals! Eric had bartered with a client, and we got the bouncy house and balloon artists for FREE!!! We would have never had those otherwise, but we were happy about it in the end.

Blowing out the candle

Bouncing!!! He loved it!!!

Eli with his Marley!
We had neighbors, friends, church friends, classmates, and work friends all come to they party. Drake is one loved and blessed little boy! Here are some of the guests:
Jill was caught off guard, but Syler was ready for the photo.
Gen with the Hankster. Or Hanky Spanky. Or fine, just Hank.
The Sugars with the babies. (Long story made short, on a night out long ago, my group of girlfriends all ended up being called The Sugars.)
Michelle was such a good sport. I don't think I would attend two year old birthday parties if I didn't have a child who was attending:-) But her and Ryan came anyway, and played with everyone else's babies.
My friend Mel, with her daughter Reese. Who was obviously trying to escape! She is a girl on the move.

Meet little Jack! I hadn't seen him since he was a wee baby, like one month old. I could not believe how much he'd grown, and now looks JUST like his Daddy. I went to grad school with his Mommy!

Constantine loved his cupcake. I work with his Mommy!
Max and Drake trying to high five! Max is one of Drake's best buddies from school.
The madness of the gift opening
His classmate Greer gave him a big hug goodbye!
It obviously was too much for him, because he pushed her away.
Now he's into it;-)
The birthday boy had such a great time opening presents. I can only imagine how overwhelming it must have been for him, between Christmas and his birthday. He's probably confused as to why the fun hasn't continued.

Meet little Jack! I hadn't seen him since he was a wee baby, like one month old. I could not believe how much he'd grown, and now looks JUST like his Daddy. I went to grad school with his Mommy!
Constantine loved his cupcake. I work with his Mommy!
Thanks for reading!
And if you'd like to know how I found the time for such a long and detailed post, it's b/c I'm sitting at the Honda dealership for an inspection:-)
1 comment:
OMG thats EXACTLY how in my mine london's second b-day part was going to be done! I'm bookmarking this post and probably going to be copying a bunch of what you did!
WONDERFUL!
Post a Comment