WOO HOO, YIPPEE YAY!!! PRESCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION!!!
Okay, now that I've gotten that out, I can quit yelling. I really am thrilled that preschool has started again. And for the record, our church doesn't even call it preschool, but rather playschool. They have a structured curriculum, with monthly and daily schedules, but still the focus is on PLAY. A Montessori approach if you will. With some Christian components obviously.
Eli has Stephanie, who was Drake's teacher last year. Her assistant is Missy. We specially requested Stephanie, and are SO happy Eli is in her class. They have 8 kids, 14-17 months old. Those are some cute little stinkers!
I didn't get a whole lot of pics after this, b/c my hands were FULL!
Eli's cubby.
Moments after handing Eli to Stephanie. Poor punkin. I went back in five minutes to check on him, and he was happily playing. YAY!
Now, off to Drake's drop off. We went in and met his teachers and checked out his room. Here is his schedule:
I didn't even try to get any more pictures of Drake, b/c I knew he'd lose it. He is in a major Mommy phase right now. But, he was also happy five minutes later- sitting in Mrs. Emily's lap reading a book on the reading rug.
This is him when I picked him up: Happily playing with playdoh. He LOVED school. He says everyday, "I had fun Mommy!".
There are still some tears from each of them at drop off, but they are doing well overall. I am working every Mon-Wed-Fri, and some weekend in order to have every Tuesday and Thursday off. We enjoy our morning together, since we don't leave for school til 9:15. We also get to enjoy our afternoons and evenings together after nap time. I love Tuesdays and Thursdays! They get to go have fun in a loving and safe environment, and I get 3 hours to work on my never ending to-do list!
No comments:
Post a Comment