Friday, November 4, 2011

Eli- My big boy!

I can't believe our BABY has gone and grown up on us! We just celebrated 19 months with him:-)
At his 18 month check up, he was 18 lbs 14 oz (less than 5th percentile), 30.25 inches(5th percentile), and a head circumference of 18 inches, also 5th percentile.
His stats follow right in his big brothers footsteps! Eric was a small child, so I guess our boys are just taking after their Daddy. Dr. Dorsey, our fabulous pediatrician, says they are just fine, but they get to stay on whole milk, and have all the butter they want! Which they enjoy- they love butter!

Eli is becoming a little chatterbox. He loves to say bye, baby, all done, no, mama, dada, and lots of other words. He is so cute leaving school everyday, he has to wave and say "bye" to his teachers numerous times. Eli is at our church's preschool every Tuesday and Thursday, and LOVES it. He goes right on in his room to his teachers, which is so opposite from Drake. He'll walk right in, and start playing and eating. It's kinda funny he's so social and happy there, b/c we jokingly say that Eli simply doesn't like people. He's actually just quite attached to
me and Eric, except at school.

We have a great time playing at Mommy and me gymnastics on Ssturday mornings, and we are starting swim lessons in January. I want him to be comfortable in the water by next summer, since my parents now have a pool.

Eli obviously is too young to understand what it means to be getting a new sister, but is SO sweet kissing her picture every night. My heart is aching about leaving my sweet boys for two weeks. It is literally making me nauseated if I think about it too much, so I try not to.

Eli is super active and agile, and must do every.single.thing his big brother does. It's super duper cute. I can see them becoming friends, and it's simply adorable.

No comments: