Saturday, August 2, 2008

16 weeks

Good morning all! Eric and I have had a busy week just working....nothing eventful going on here at all. Eric did his first two sleep studies last night for his new company; it was a very big milestone for him. Hopefully things will continue to take off.
I was 16 weeks yesterday, so things are moving along nicely. I am still nauseated, but optimistic that it will go away soon! As long as it's gone by the time we leave for Europe, I'll be happy. I have a checkup this Thursday, but it'll be uneventful. Just a quick weigh in and FHT check. (fetal heart tones). We'll make our appt for our ultrasound, so that's exciting and nerve-wracking. I'm excited to see Shim again, but the anatomy US scares me. I just want to see all four chambers of the heart, and all the other organs. Make sure the head is the right size, take a look at the spine. There are SO many things that can go wrong with development, and I see them all the time at work. So while everyone else is flipping out about whether it's a boy or girl....I honestly don't care two cents worth. I'm a million more times concerned with the other anatomy. The anatomy that really matters! People take for granted healthy children, and assume their baby will be born completely normal. I don't have that luxury (to assume that) b/c my work is a daily reminder otherwise.
My appt next week is with my favorite midwife, so that makes me happy. I've missed her! Her name is Jan, and she's from Wales. She has the coolest accent, and is the sweetest woman ever. I would pay big money for her to be the one to deliver Shim. It's a crapshoot though, all according to who is on call. I've met 3 out of the four midwives, and hear good things about the one I haven't met. There is one I wasn't crazy about.....but I'm withholding judgement until we see her again. She saw in my chart that I'm a CRNA, and made a blanket assumption about me that really pissed me off. I won't go into it, but I'm giving her a second chance.
Eric's business partner is getting married today, and we have her reception tonight. Once again, I'm earning my title of "9 month DD". I'll take a pic of me all pregnant and dressed up with my handsome hubby.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I hear you on the US! Hope you have a perfect shim in there!

bestamommy said...

Nikki,

Sounds like things are progressing along nicely, and quickly (don't they really?). Well, keep your chin up, I had the same worries during my preggo time. I finally just put it in his hands. As for the on-call person (not-so-nice-midwife), it'll all work out perfectly kiddo. You'll see.

Kudos to Eric, I know he is so excited about the biz, it'll be great for you all.

Take care and keep smiling (tell baby shim hello for me..and that he has a great mommy too).

Kim :)