Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gavin is here!!!

I'm an AUNT! Gavin made his entrance to the world at 11:30pm last night, weighing 7lbs, 12 oz. He is 22 inches long, and I hear he has huge feet. He's going to be a big boy, and has the cutest chubby cheeks. I can't wait to meet him in November! That seems so far away.....

Tomorrow is my big anatomy ultrasound, and then regular monthly checkup with one of my midwives. Tomorrow's appt is with Tina- I've met her once before and really liked her. I've got a long list of questions and stuff for her. She also has to sign my "permission slip" for Carnival to let me sail. I hope her answers to my questions are what I'm looking for- I really need to know another midwife in the group will be on board for the type of birth of aiming for. So far I know Jan is....and I'm not sure about Sage. Still gotta meet Nancy.

I've gotten most everything done for Europe that I need to. Tomorrow my Mom is coming to pick up the dogs, and go to the ultrasound. There will be a little bit of last minute stuff to throw in tomm night, and then Thursday morning. I think we have to be at the airport around 10. We have to borrow a scale from the neighbors, and weigh the bags. I hope they are under 50 lbs, but I seriously doubt it! If we can make at least one less than that, I'll be happy. We only have 2 big suitcases. That's an improvement, b/c we usually take a third big garment bag. Then we each have a small computer bag/personal item. I, of course, have a carryon, but it's small due to Alitalia's restrictions. It can fit my camera, computer, makeup, and two changes of clothes. I refuse to fly without taking a least a couple of maternity outfits on board. I hope and pray our luggage makes it to Rome with us!


1 comment:

Angela said...

Ataliana has strong restrictions on carry on, most make up is not allowed (mascara/lipstick/chapstick/anything thats liquid or if melted becomes liquid!) But they also kind of suck at checking bags so what I do is put a couple of chapsticks and a moisturizer (sample size) and hide them in my carry on.