Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's not even May!

I'll keep this short and sweet. It's not even May, and yet we have already had our first pediatric trauma due to a lawnmower. KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM LAWNMOWERS. This includes letting them sit on them with dad or grandpa, even while it's off. And obviously, don't let you kid ride on their lap while cutting grass. Teach your children to ALWAYS stay away from lawnmowers. Teach them to fear the lawnmower, and avoid it at all cost. KEEP THEM INSIDE WHEN THE GRASS IS BEING CUT. We see alot of injuries from kids simply being outside at the same time the grass is being mowed, and somehow getting injured. Even though, by parents report, they were far away from the mower. Here is the solution. If grass is being mowed at your house, keep the kids inside and DEADBOLT THE DOORS. I'm heartbroken every time I see these very preventable injuries. Working at a large trauma center and children's hospital exposes me to more than I care to see. But, learn from what I do, and KEEP THE KIDS AWAY FROM THE LAWNMOWER.

I think I made it pretty clear........

No comments: