We had snow here again last night. That is the THIRD Friday in a row, and I'm absolutely sick of it. Drake isn't old enough to care about it, and I'm scared of going outside and slipping. So basically, it's stranded me inside for three weekends. Thankfully, last nights snow was just that- snow, and no ice. Even I have to admit, it was beautiful outside when I woke up this morning. I really wanted to go out and take pictures, but just didn't get around to it.
I was thrilled to call the YMCA and find out that none of today's programs or classes were cancelled, except soccer. So, off Drake and I went to gymnastics, in the snow. Once we got out of our neighborhood, the roads were fine. (I did consider asking my Yankee husband to drive me.) This was the first time I got to take Drake to "parent and child" gymnastics, and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! While he is the youngest and smallest in the class, he still likes it. I asked the teacher if she thought the 13 month to three years class was the best for him. The other option is the 6 month to 13 month group. She said to leave him in the bigger class, even though he doesn't do alot of stuff the other kids do. The first and last five minutes of the class, the kids are all together and do what the teacher does. The other 35 minutes, the parent stays with the child, while the child plays on whatever they'd like. It's so cute! They have all kinds of stuff out on the mats, that's totally toddler appropriate. The trampoline and foam pit seem to be a big hit, but Drake isn't quite interested in that yet.
We had a family Valentine's Dinner this evening at Outback! It was quite yummy. Drake to our surprise LOVES blooming onion. And their bread. He's obviously taking after his Mommy. He even enjoyed a few bites of shrimp, steak, and mashed potatoes. But the bloomin' onion was his favorite. We are having a playdate tomorrow afternoon with some friends, to get these boys out of the house. The temp is supposed to be high forty's/low fifty's. That is tropical compared to what we've had lately, so a short trip to the park is in order!
Well, that's about all the news we have I do believe. Drake did go to his grandparent's last Monday, and of course woke up Tuesday with a fever. They brought him back early, on Wednesday morning, and took him to our pediatrician. Poor bambino had bilateral ear infections! He seems to be much better now that he's on day 4 of his antibiotic. Eli is doing great- he practices his own gymnastics every day, just in my uterus.
Adios!
2 comments:
Happy to hear all is well with your boys.
Glad to hear things are going well and the Celiac's was -. My sister has Celiac's and it sucks! There is also something to be said for learning to drive in Buffalo!!
Post a Comment