Friday, April 23, 2010

Trip to Florence

Last weekend, we headed to Florence for a visit. I stayed until yesterday, but Eric had to come back Sunday to work this past week. We mostly just relaxed and spent time with family and friends. My personal highlight was getting my hair colored/cut! It was so nice to be pampered and get this hair looking better, even if I did have to hold Eli the entire time. I had a hair appt set up for the day after Eli was born, which of course was cancelled. So I was thrilled to get one while in Florence. Now, onto the photos.


This is Aunt Amber holding Eli. Amber is technically not his aunt. Heck, she's not technically any kind of related. She's actually my cousin's girlfriend, but we've collectively decided as a family that we like her better. She babysat Drake some while we lived there, and has always taken it upon herself to completely spoil him. And she was SO very excited to meet Eli, and start spoiling him too. She got off work at 5pm on Saturday, and was at my parents house by 5:15pm:-) My boys are so very fortunate to have Aunt Amber, who loves to shower them with love and attention.

Aunt Barbara holding Eli. She is technically his aunt:-) She also loves to spoil my boys rotten.

There is nothing like milky mouth....I absolutely love when Eli pulls himself off the breast, only to see dribbles of milk running down his face.
So, first off- I know this hat looks like a bonnet. I won't let him wear it in public, lol. But I love this picture, b/c it is the perfect example of why babies that are cloth diapered are called "fluffy butts".
Drake loves filling the back of his "Gator" dump truck, and then taking the balls and toys back out.
And he also loves playing soccer.
"Dirt don't hurt". That's Drake's motto for being in the country. He gets filthy dirty playing outside all day, and loves it.
Examining the gator. You should see him pretend to put gas in it.
See how happy he is? I told you he likes being dirty.
I correct myself, he LOVES to be dirty.
Grandpa, Eli, and Drake all in the garden. They teach them early in Florence.
Checking out the crops
Sitting on Grandpa's 4-wheeler
Sitting on his toy 4 wheeler that doesn't work.
Grandma desperately trying to get Eli to take a bottle. He wanted no parts of it!
For some reason, Drake loves to climb onto the bottom shelf of the baker's rack, and play there.

No comments: