Sunday, December 30, 2012

Disney Day 5

We were back to Magic Kingdom on Friday, and again the kids just loved it.  Drake wanted to ride the Goofy Barnstormer roller coaster again, and everybody wanted to see Mickey and Goofy again.  Oh, and Donald.  They LOVED the characters this trip, and it was so much fun for us to watch their interactions with them.  I don't know if I talked about our strategy for this trip in earlier posts.  Our last trip to Disney, I was crazy planner woman and wanted to get the kids to see everything!!!  This year, I decided to chill out.  Take things as they came, and follow the kids lead.  And I ended up enjoying it much more.  We also made fewer dining reservations, so we had fewer times we HAD to be somewhere.  
Here are some pictures from our day:
Tessa posing.  When did she start this nonsense?

 We started the day by getting fast passes for Mickey and the princesses.  While waiting for that time, we hung out on main street.  We went into the Confectionary and let each kid have total freedom in picking out a treat.  The ladies in there were so sweet.  One asked Drake if he would share his treat with her.  He thought about it for a second, then grinned and said "Yes!".  As a result, she handed him a container full of broken gingerbread cookie.  They couldn't sell it, but I guess they give it away rather than trash it.  He was thrilled!  And it was a great teaching moment as well.
 This child's eyes.  Oh my.

 Evaluating which ear to eat first.  Such hard decisions for a three year old.

 Silly goose.

 Where we hung out and ate right outside the confectionary.  This was one of my favorite memories of the trip.
 Hungry, Eli?
 More of the awesome decor!
 Here is one from my camera, but I just got the CD in the mail from the Disney photo pass photographers.  I can't wait to upload all of those!
 After seeing Mickey and some princesses, we headed back to the new circus area of Fantasyland.  Everyone wanted to ride Dumbo again!
 This picture makes my heart smile.


 After Dumbo, and Goofy's roller coaster, we headed to lunch.
 We got our food and had a little picnic outside.
 Then Eric took Eli and Tessa on a trip around the park, via the train.  Drake and I rode the roller coaster another 2 or 3 times, then waited for them in the spray ground area.  I had my fingers crossed he wouldn't get sprayed!
 He figured out the timing of the sprayers, and ran accordingly.  So stinking cute!
 Uh Oh.  He was apparently stressing out.
 The little stinkers were back!

 T and E just couldn't figure out WHY they couldn't get some peanuts out.
 That spray ground was awesome, and I imagine it is even more awesome in the warm weather if you take a bathing suit!
That night, the machine in the arcade (where you buy tokens) was broken.  So some staff member came along and turned on  ALL the games.  Let me just tell you about all three of my kiddos obsession with arcades.  It's out.of.control.  Like, completely.  So, I venture to say that this hour was their favorite of the week.  Eli found a new and improved strategy for the basketball game.



 See what I mean?  Come on kid, you are three, not twenty three.

 Awesome fireplace in our hotel
 We went to dinner out Whispering Canyon Cafe in our hotel.  The food is family style, and the entertainment is a little "different".  Once an hour, all kids are invited for a horse ride around the restaurant.  It was a hit!



 Do you need some ketchup?  This is what you get.  That's AFTER your waiter screams out your request for everyone to hear.  And the table/family who had it last brings it over to you!  Our 3 went crazy over this, they were SO pumped.  And you should have seen them take the 10 bottles to the next table, one by one.  So cute!
 We had a great waiter.  Drake really wanted an ice-cream sandwich, but they didn't have those.  So, our waiter got two cookies and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, and tada!  Ice cream sandwich!
After dinner, we once again crawled into bed.  Saturday would be our last day:-(

No comments: