Friday, March 13, 2009

Who would've known.....

By a simple phone call to Timewarner cable yesterday, we now save $42 on our cable bill each month. Ten dollars of that was by cancelling the HBO we rarely watch. The rest of the savings was by just asking what type of promotions they had currently. I'm excited!

Now I've got to cancel the weekend paper we never read.

Then I'm cancelling the YMCA membership that I never use. Eric plays basketball there, but he's just going to have to play at the neighborhood park until we are out of debt.

They are little things, but it's part of being dedicated to being responsible with our money.

Drake has dropped a nighttime feeding, and it is glorious. He'll eat around 8-9, then go down until 1 or so. He eats and goes right back to sleep. Then he'll usually sleep again until 6am. And from then on, he is WIDE awake for a few hours. But that's when he gives his biggest smiles of the day, so I don't even mind being up that early! As he grows and gets bigger, the pediatrician said that 1am feeding will continually push itself back. I can already see the changes happening slowly. Please don't bother leaving me a comment telling me to try formula at night, because it's heavier on his stomach. And please don't suggest adding cereal to a bottle. Those options just aren't for us, especially at two months old. I hope to breastfeed Drake until a year, when he can just switch to cows milk. And I don't want to start cereal until 5-6 months. His cheeks just keep getting chubbier every day, and I love kissing them. I'll post some recent pics later. Check back with us!

2 comments:

analiese said...

you are doing great with the bfing! i nursed balin right up until he was a year old and never used formula at night or any other time! so i am definitely not telling you to use formula at night JUST so he will sleep longer....that really used to piss me off when people told me that or told me to use cereal...so you keep doing what you are doing because he looks great and you are obviously doing a great job!

Angela said...

Cereal at TWO months--GOD NO did someone really suggest that! His tongue thrust reflex is still going till about 6 months--nothing would get in anyway. Its a Safety reflex because baby's physically CAN'T swallow it yet. There is no way I would tell you that. Nor to Formula feed at bedtime. Your doing perfect...keep up the good work. That "little" boy is obviously getting enough of your good stuff!!! :D