Friday, November 20, 2009

Been awhile...

It's been awhile since my last blog. When working between 50-60 hours a week, it's hard to find time to sit at the computer. So, what's new with the Kirsch family? Still no pediatrician, still miss my midwives in Charlotte something crazy, and work sucks.

I feel like I was majorly misled regarding the schedule and work hours here. I thought it was just me. But I've discovered in the past two weeks that the majority of our department is looking for a new job. I was SHOCKED. But, I can understand why. The sad thing is I really like most of the anesthesiologists I work with, and the OR staff. And quite a few of the CRNA's. But as I said to Eric, if I'd worked this many hours in Charlotte, I'd be making just as much money. I'm sure many of you saw my facebook status about the grass being greener. Work is pretty much what I was referring to.

We are evaluating what it would take to move back to Charlotte. Rather, I am evaluating. Eric's job is going well here. Of course, he still doesn't have his PA license, so that could change things. But, other than my parents, there aren't many things to keep me here. I honestly don't see my extended family much more than what I did while living in Charlotte. If we move back, it means I'll be a single Mom for part of the week. We don't love that idea, but we've done it before and managed. And considering all of the other positives, I think it would be worth it. No situation is forever. Changes can always be made.

I may have the best husband in the world. While he thinks I haven't given living here enough of a chance, he also understands the myriad of reasons I'd love to be living in Charlotte again. And he's okay with me evaluating my options. Most importantly, he just wants me to be happy. And if moving back makes me happy, then he'll deal. That's why I love him:-)

We are having Christmas pics tomorrow. I'm excited!

My SIL, brother, niece, mom, and dad have ALL had a really bad stomach virus this week. I'm waiting to start vomiting at any moment. PLEASE let my family get skipped in this sickness. I'm gonna be ticked if I get sick and it interferes with our trip to Buffalo.

I can't really think of much else happening or to blog about. I will say that it's really nice having this private. I had my suspicions that someone who requested permission to access my blog was one of the people leaving nasty messages. I denied that person, and I'm glad I did. Those suspicions have pretty much been confirmed. Good thing I went with my gut instinct on that one.

No comments: