I gave my cranky baby a bottle at 6pm, and he was asleep by 6:15. I'm not sure where the crankiness came from tonight, but he was not my happy sweet boy. Apparently he felt hot to my mom and Eric today, and I took his temp before bed, but it was normal. We'll see how he sleeps I guess, and if he wakes up with a fever. Maybe he'll wake up on the right side of the crib!
No news on the pediatrician front. I don't expect to hear any decision quickly. I honestly don't expect for them to suddenly accept Drake as a patient, no matter what stink they get from administration.
No decisions about my healthcare either. Do I stick with my practice, change practices, or go with the midwife? While I love my particular OB, she is only one of six doctors that could be at the birth. 3 of whom I will NEVER meet, they only share call. (Different practice all together). That didn't bother me at first, but it does now. I could switch to a different practice, one affiliated with my employer. I work with those doc's frequently in the OR, and really like 4 out of the 5. But only on a personal level. I don't love their medicalized views that childbirth is something women need to be rescued from. I've finally finished all of my paperwork, and will be mailing that to the midwife here soon. She has to review it with my records, and verify I'm low risk before accepting me. Luckily, I'm as low risk as it gets. I don't know when I'll make this decision. I just don't feel pressured to make it quite yet. Maybe in another month?
I have a good friend back in Charlotte that is looking into a home birth for her next baby. It's nice to not feel so alone.
We have no plans this upcoming weekend, and it feels GREAT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment