Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Christmas, 2009

Christmas!!! Drake’s first Christmas was alot of fun, and I was so happy to be able to spend it with him! I’ll go off to a side story for a moment here. Last Christmas, I was hugely pregnant, and Eric and I weren’t traveling anywhere. Our only plan was to chill with friends, and go to dinner Christmas Eve. Because of the unusual circumstances, I really didn’t mind working Christmas Eve, and offered to work 3-11 for a coworker who has young kids. She was so very appreciative, and I really didn’t mind doing it. I figured that one day I’d want someone to do something like that for me. Well, fast forward to this Christmas; Drake’s very first! I of course was scheduled to work. Boo! And wouldn’t you know it, a really nice coworker with no big plans, and no wife/kids, offered to work it for me!!! Good things really do come back to you, if they are done with good intentions. What a perfect example! So in any case, I got to spend all of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Eric and Drake, and I was thrilled. We spent time playing, and in PJ’s, and just spending time with family.


We started off Christmas Eve Day by visiting Drake’s great grandparents, and then headed over to my parents house around 1pm. You should have SEEN the ridiculous stack of presents they had all set up and arranged for their first Christmas with their two grandchildren. Can you say out of control? They were so excited! In any case, there apparently was a “miscommunication”, and not all of the family came over for the big celebration. We went right on ahead with our Christmas celebration though, and Drake had a great time. Yay for new traditions! I’m hoping that next year, my parents will come to Charlotte for Drake’s Christmas. At 4 pm, we headed over to one of my aunt’s, to have our Christmas Eve celebration that we’ve done since I was BORN. It was so exciting to have Drake, and have him be a part of that experience. It was so much fun for him to spend time with his cousins! I ate and ate and ate. Did I mention how much I ate that night? We were home by 7pm, and went to bed early. The next morning, Drake finally got to get up and see what Santa brought him! He was excited, but a little confused as to where all the cool new stuff came from. We went back over to his great grandparents for a little bit, and were back home and in PJ’s by 10am! It was afternoon before he even opened his gifts from us. Which, we decided is actually a really good idea. That way it’s not so crazy and overwhelming for the kiddos. They can spend their morning enjoying Santa’s gifts, and the evening enjoying family gifts.


So, here is a massive photo dump from the holiday!




SOCKS! Drake was in desperate need of new socks, b/c his feet are apparently growing quite fast.
Checking out the stack of presents at his Grandparents house.
Drake's shirt says "Silent Night- I don't think so!"
Funny photo- he looks drunk.
Sharing a bow with Grandma


Helping Drake open presents at Aunt Maggie's house
Drake's stash from Santa!
He loved this wooden activity table. And the best part? It's on wheels, so he can push it everywhere.
Playing! He would've been happy if this was his only gift.
His new train set. Wooden of course. Santa got the memo that we only buy wooden toys for Drake.
Linus had a collar with bells on it. He didn't mind it after he got his Christmas cow hoof.
Lucy was THRILLED about her Christmas collar. Can't you see it in her face?
I sure love this stinker
Kissy face time
Someone other than Mommy was worn out by Christmas night.

No comments: