Thursday, January 14, 2010

Update on our sweet Shim #2

Poor Shim #2- I feel like he's been so neglected compared to how much we thought/talked about Drake while he was cooking. Being so busy moving (twice), and taking care of a toddler has me slightly preoccupied. Oh, did I mention working fulltime? In any case, sweet Shim #2. The first big update on him is that he has a name! Mr. Eli David Kirsch! We'll call him Eli, which I think is just an adorable name. I can't wait to hold and meet this little guy. He is very active, kicking and punching like crazy. I'm officially 27 weeks and 2 days. Yay for the third trimester!

My next appointment is February 1st! I cannot begin to explain how happy I am for this appointment. It's with Tina, who is one of my favorite midwives. She's the one who caught Drake. I'm SO excited, that I made my appt for 7:45 in the morning. I just had to be the first of the day. I'll also have my test for gestational diabetes that day. And catch up with Tina! I am beyond thrilled to be back under the care of my fabulous midwives.

I have bedding and paint color picked out for Eli's nursery; it's just a matter of ordering it all. The room will be green, and the bedding is green, brown, and ivory- with elephants on it. It's kinda modern, but very cute. We are going to buy furniture from IKEA. Eric's parents will be visiting the last weekend of February, and we hope to finish the nursery completely, with their assistance. We've got to get on the move, b/c if Eli comes early like Drake did, then that means he'll be here the end of March. Aaaaaaauugggghhhhhh! I have SO much to do before then. Eric is still in Florence between 3 and 5 days a week, so unfortunately I can't give him too much of a list. And right now, baby proofing is his only job. We have got to finish all the latches on the cabinets. Drake will be devastated when he can't pull the pots out each night, but hopefully he'll adjust quickly. He loves to bang pot lids together while I cook.

One little (BIG!!!!) thing about Drake to interrupt Eli's post: HE SAID MAMA!!!!!! Finally! While in his high chair tonight, and I was cooking, he started calling me. I almost fell over. Eric was like "Are you hearing this?"! That was the sweetest thing ever to these ears.

Eli is pretty much all set for diapers, since we've borrowed a lot from Lindsay. I may order a few more one size pockets, but that's probably all. I can't wait to have another newborn fluffy butt around here!

No comments: