Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Glamorous Imposter.....random musings

Two things on my mind tonight. First, how absolutely glamorous my life is. I realized it today as I was picking up my antibiotic for my boob being infected (mastitis), along with more Ibuprofen for the fever, and stool softener. Seriously? This is my life now? Really?

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S!!!

Oh the joys of having babies. They really do a number on one's body, that's for sure.

Second, I feel like an imposter. I feel like I'm posing as a Mom who has it together. Ha ha! I've got the people at the YMCA fooled. Drake has gone to Mother's Morning Out the past two mornings, and the staff can't help but comment how organized and together I am with my two boys. They have no idea how far from the truth that is. Also, a woman in the parking lot yesterday asked *me* about my double stroller. Can someone PLEASE tell me when on earth *I* became the person to give advice about something like that? As I thought about it later, I cracked up. See, I am that Mom with the double stroller, the organized diaper bags, and the meticulous day planner. That's who I am, but part of my brain still thinks I'm the cool and fun twenty something who is bar-hopping downtown on weekends. When in reality, I honestly can't remember the last time I've been in any bar or club downtown.

Another random thought process- Oklahoma sucks. Their senate just overrode the governor to pass two laws. One- they will now require pregnant women to have an ultrasound and review it's detailed results before having an abortion. There is no clause to excuse victims of rape and incest. Two- doctors who FAIL to inform parents that their child has KNOWN birth defects, cannot be sued for malpractice. All I have to say is W-T-F??? Disgusting Oklahoma, just disgusting. It's 2010, and sometimes I feel like Roe vs Wade was just passed yesterday, and we still are fighting that battle. I don't even know how these two laws are considered constitutional.

Well, I'm off to complete a few more pages in Drake's first year photo book!

2 comments:

Amish said...

I love your blog! It makes me smile every time! :)

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Women's right is on a really slippery slope right now. It is really scary. With the Utah law passing recently it seems like its an epidemic.