Anyhow, the exam. He threw a fit. Like, embarrassed his mommy kind of a fit. He acted like the stethoscope was burning his skin. I mean I can understand crying with shots, and with an ear exam. But the rest? Uncalled for. He does NOT like having his personal space invaded. Dr. Dorsey said that the 18 month and 2 year checkups are like that for all the kids- that he doesn't even use the exam table. He did everything but the ears with Drake flailing about in my lap. Luckily, he said that by the time they come back for a three year well checkup, they love the doctor again. Thank heavens!!!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Drake's 18 Month Checkup
This past week was my big boy's 18 month checkup with Dr. Dorsey. I was worried about the vaccine he'd be getting, and how he'd do with the shot. I wasn't concerned with the actual checkup or exam. WRONG!!! He did fine with the shots, and AWFUL with the exam. So, let me start from the beginning. Again, I just love my peds office. We waited less than five minutes in the waiting room. They are so speedy and efficient, despite being a big office with 8 doctors and 2 NP's. I was quite sad when we weighed Drake, because he now stands on the regular scale like a big boy. No more baby scale for him, boohoo. Could it be that he's growing up? He weighs 19.4 pounds, and is 29 and 1/4 inches tall. Less than fifth percentile for both! His head circumference was a whopping 18 inches; he's actually in the 5th percentile for that one! At least my skinny meeny is consistent with always being so little. Dr. Dorsey said to keep buttering everything, and skip anything low fat. And of course, keep up with the whole milk. He said that as long as Drake eats his three meals a day of whatever healthy stuff we offer, to give him whatever extra stuff he'll eat! So, he got cupcakes galore at a party last night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment