Monday, February 16, 2009

A fun weekend!

Happy heart day from the Kirschs!

Drake loves his swing, and will sleep in there for hours on end.
Happy Valentines day!
Poker superstar
I'm always chasing Lucy off of Drake's play mat and boppy.


The water was just too cold for the Drakester to swim.
Tummy time is fun.....
Or not so much!
I love this face.
Drake smiled for the first time last Wednesday. This photo is from Thursday- I was trying everything I could to get him to smile again. This is the closest thing to a smile I captured on camera.

It was really nice to get out of the house last week, even if it was to sit in a hotel room. We stayed at a Comfort Inn Suites, which I have to admit was actually quite nice. Unfortunately the heated pool wasn't quite so heated. And the hottub was quite hot. So, poor little Drake didn't get to go swimming:-( It was fun to see where Eric works twice a week, and the staff there was very nice. I think Eric paid them off though- they spent lots of time telling me how fabulous Cary and Raleigh are, and how much we'd love living there. It wasn't quite enough, because I'm still refusing to move:-)

Valentines Day was quite nice! Eric sent me to our neighbors house, who is a massage therapist. I had an awesome massage- what a great present! We had a few friends over that night to grill out, and a poker game broke out. I am happy to announce that I took my husband out, then proceeded to WIN the game. It has been probably a good year or so since I've played, so I was thrilled to win. Eric hates it when I beat him, and I love it!

My SIL's Lindsay and Bridget are both due in about 6-8 weeks, and I'm getting SO excited!!! They are both having girls, and I just can't control buying pink. This saturday is Bridget's shower in Florence, and Eric and I were supposed to drive down on Friday. But it occurred to me a few days ago that I could head down early without Eric, since I certainly have nothing else to do this week. Plus, he's not even going to be here tues/wed. However, it got complicated trying to figure out how to get me, Drake, luggage, baby stuff, and two huge dogs down there in the little Kia. So, my Mom is going to drive up tomorrow so we can do some shopping, and then head back down to Florence. It's a long time to spend in Florence, but it will give me plenty of time to see family and friends. Most of them haven't met Drake, so I'm sure we'll be busy. I don't know if I'll have the chance to blog while I'm there.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Nikki,

Thank you for all of your support throughout our trip. I loved to read all of your comments. And, I love the pics of Drake, keep them coming. I am so excited to see your new posts. You seem to be settling right into the Mommy thing. I knew you would.
Peace and love,
Caroline

Millie said...

Drake is so precious. What a beautiful baby!

Caroline said...

Nikki,
I forgot to tell you...please thank your Mom for the email. I did not have her address to reply. She is so kind. I really enjoyed meeting her at your shower. I think it is so cool that you guys share such a resemblance.
Caroline