Eric is in Cary today and tonight, so my Mom is coming up to stay and keep me company. My dad is coming on Friday, and then they both will head out Friday night. I'm taking my Mom to the consignment store so we can do some more shopping! We are also going to Babies R Us to get the foam playmats that can be pieced together. I'm going to use those as the base, with some blankets on top. I'll take some before and after pictures!
I'm glad Eric is out of town, because if he was here he'd probably object! He hates when I rearrange things:-) And luckily, he doesn't read this blog, lol. I thought about using the basement, but it's always FREEZING down there. If it's too cold for me, then I know it's too cold for Drake to be down there. Our den is already full. So, that leaves the living room. We don't use that room as it is (well, rarely). I'm gonna have my Mom help me rearrange furniture, and then I'm setting up the play area! I'm really excited. Drake is starting to have some times during the day when he is super alert, so I think it's time. He seemed to really enjoy being on the play mat at Kim's today, and staring at all the toys. Another thing I like about using the living room is that there is no TV, so we won't get sucked into that trap. I'll move my laptop in there to keep myself entertained when we get to the point that Drake entertains himself.
I'm kinda sad that Drake is one month old tomorrow. That means he's no longer a newborn:-(
And I'm sad that he's big enough for a play area. I want him to stay a tiny baby in my arms forever! I feel like I can protect him that way, but I know he has to go out into the big bad world. I guess a play area is just the beginning.....
2 comments:
I love reading all your blogs Nik! Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Can't wait to see you on Friday!
AOT :)
Hey now you be careful moving that furniture..your only 4week PP you still need to take it a little easy! But I can't wait to see pictures! Oh get him a mirror I hear thats one of the first things baby's love to look at...and its great for the brain!
Post a Comment