Sunday, August 16, 2009

Missing Charlotte...

There are SO many things I will miss about Charlotte. I know it's going to be a huge adjustment moving to Florence, with lots of homesick nights. Eric has promised that we can move back if I'm miserable in a few years. I'm hoping for an easy transition, and find solace in the fact that I can be back here in just 2 1/2 hours.

The first and foremost thing I will miss is my friends! Eric and I have an amazing support system of friends here, that rivals none other. There is nothing like my Sugars. Through the past couple of years, we've lost a couple to Seattle, California, and Columbia. And now me to Florence. Thank heavens for girls trips where we all still get to throw down together.

I'm really gonna miss the food here. Eric and I are beginning to accept that the food is probably going to be hugely disappointing in Florence. I am already having withdrawal from Bombay Grille, the best Indian food ever. Then there is Sole (best spanish ever), and Hef's (best blue cheese burger ever). Of course, there are all the really nice places that we don't frequently eat at, but it's nice to have them around if we want a good steak. Like Morton's, Ruth Chris, and the place across from Brio. The grocery stores are an entirely different issue. I LOVE EARTHFARE!!! I am really going to miss it, and all the TajMaTeeters. (That's a huge Harris Teeter for those who don't know). I would do a back handspring if Florence got an Earthfare.

The shopping, oh the shopping. I live 5 minutes from Southpark mall, enough said. Nothing will ever compare. I love Nordstrom's like a fat kid loves cake. I'll miss having a Babies R Us nearby, plus a HUGE outlet mall. Now I'm going to have to drive an hour and half to a Carter's outlet. That is a tragedy my friends.

I'm hoping that after six months in Florence, I will find places to eat and shop at, that enable me to survive. Thankfully there is always internet shopping!

No comments: