That's right folks, we are expecting our second little bambino! We weren't joking when we said we wanted our kids close together. Count them up, it's going to be 15 months between the two of them. We're going to get all the bottles, binkies, and diapers over with. I am 7 weeks and 3 days as I type this, and Eric and I have known for about 2 weeks. I've had bloodwork that came out great, as well as two ultrasounds. The second was far enough along to show a heartbeat, which means the risk of miscarriage is now less than 5%. So, lots of good news around these parts. My "guess date" is April 13. Hopefully this one will come early too, and we'll get a March baby! I'm thrilled to not be pregnant in the middle of the summer. Although, we were kinda hoping for at least a June baby. Our fertility is obviously off the charts.
We'll be finding out what this baby is, probably around the end of October. When we do, we'll have a gender party! What's a gender party you ask? It's a fabulous idea I'm stealing from my friend Tara in Charlotte. At the ultrasound, we'll look away when they scan between the legs. The tech will put the result in an envelope, which we'll take to a baker. The baker will add either red or blue dye to the yellow cake mix, making the batter either pink or blue. We then have our "party" which is a cookout with family and close friends. For dessert, well, cake of course! Eric and I will cut the cake and peek in, to be the first ones to see what we're having. Then we'll announce it to everyone! I can't wait to have this party, I think it'll be a really fun time.
No comments:
Post a Comment