We are obviously hoping and praying that there is nothing serious wrong with our little man. In better news, he remains extremely happy. I'm glad that whatever is keeping him from gaining weight doesn't make him feel poorly.
I appreciate any and all kind thoughts, but please don't call me to discuss this. I really don't feel like talking about it, other than what I put on here.
Just seeing "FTT" written on his referral sheet was about enough to send me over the edge. I don't understand why my sweet little man is "Failure to Thrive", but it breaks my heart. I'm just happy that he has no idea he's "FTT". For all of you non medical folks, FTT is a very general description for babies/kids who have poor weight gain.
Part of me is pissed off, because I feel like I've done everything "right". I obeyed all the rules when I was pregnant. I had a natural childbirth that hurt like hell, to spare my child the effects of all the drugs and complications associated with epidurals and C-Sections. I breastfeed, even though it hurt in the beginning, and isn't always the most convenient thing. I make some of my own baby food, to spare Drake all the chemicals and crap in the store bought food. I have him play with wooden toys, to avoid the dangers in the plastic ones. But alas, none of these things have protected him. So here I sit, pissed off at the fact that plenty of women who HAVEN'T done these things have perfectly healthy babies. Tomorrow night, I'll probably go to work and do a C-section on some crackhead whore (literally), who has a perfectly healthy child.
I guess my parents were right. Sometimes life just isn't fair.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry that he's not gaining as well as he should be. I hope it's nothing serious and that you get answers ASAP. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. You are a wonderful momma, somethings are just out of our control.
You are an amazing momma Nikki! I look to you for advice and motivation to give the cleanest care to my baby. I hope it's nothing serious. You guys are in our thoughts. You are right....it is not fair.
Kim
I hope everything will be fine. I know it's hard not to let it consume you with worry - it's just the price we pay for being mommies! :-) I'll keep you all in my thoughts.
Love ya!
-Tarah
I know what it's like to feel frustrated when you've done everything right with your child. I ate well and exercised during pregnancy, I had an unmedicated, amazing birth, breastfed him until HE stopped at 18 months and made my own baby food. And my son now has autism. The one thing I did do was hand him over to his pediatrician every few months for vaccines. I was ignorant and uninformed. I don't know if that is what caused my son's autism, but I know that before certain shots, he was developing normally, and after he wasn't. Now I know that not all kjids can handle the toxin overload in the vaccines, along with our incredibly enormous vaccine schedule. My son was probably born with an immune deficiency and the vaccines put him over the edge. I have now stopped blaming myself (well, almost!) and am focused on his recovery. But I can't stand to hear people say "my child got all his shots and he's fine!" To that mom I say, thank GOD your child is fine. Many others are not fine. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment