Monday, September 21, 2009

Working Woman

I started my job today, but there isn't much to report. I did the whole hospital orientation thing, then headed over to the department for about 30 minutes. Tomorrow is more paperwork, and finding my way around. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll be back to knocking people out!

Drake has been going to bed so early! Between 6 and 7. He's just so tired after dinner and a bath, that he sacks out with the last bottle. He does stay in the crib 12 hours, but sometimes he will wake up a couple of times. He's usually back asleep within 5 minutes. About 1-2 times per week he will throw a massive fit, and get to sleep with mommy and daddy for the rest of the night. We all love it, to be honest, but are trying not to start that habit. I really hope to take some photos of him soon and get them up.

Eric and I are headed to Greenville this weekend for my friend Adriann's wedding. That will definitely be a good time!

We joined the big fitness center here today. Big thumbs down to them not having an outside pool. I miss the Y's in Charlotte something fierce. We didn't know how good we had it with the gyms there! I've been pondering lately. If I'm "home", then why am I so homesick? I'm assuming we just need to give it a little more time to settle in here. For it to only be 2 and 1/2 hours from Charlotte, these two places could not be more different. It's hard to explain, but I feel as if I've been having a major culture shock. I forgot so much about Florence, and it's people and places. It is SO different from Charlotte, in SO many ways. I'm not saying it's all bad, just very different. I just feel like the people, from our neighbors to friends to coworkers, just all "get" Eric and I, like people here don't seem to. Of course, there are the exceptions, like my parents and old friends from college. I'm gonna give it all the benefit of the doubt, and assume we just need to give people more time to get to know us. One big positive; we are loving having the grandparents nearby. Eric's parents come next week, and we can't wait! Although I have no idea what they will do here for a week. I guess just play with Drake! My parents will probably take them to the beach for a night or two.

I can't wait to get my schedule for work. I'm going to plan a nice long romantic weekend at Grove Park Inn and spa. I see a massage and pedicure in my future!

No comments: