My first week back to work was great! The boys did fine; Eli is figuring out this whole bottle thing just like Dr. Dorsey told us he would. I LOVE our nannies. We have a mother/daughter team through our agency, (same as before Eli was born), and we've had the mom Sherylee all this week. She is beyond amazing, and I have no qualms at all leaving my boys with her. Plus, she is one cleaning machine! I didn't even ask her yesterday, but she unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher and washed diapers. That sure was nice to come home to.
I really do enjoy my job. It is refreshing to be out of the house three days a week, and use my brain. Gotta put that hard earned (and expensive) Masters degree to work! We had big news at work this week regarding how we are paid, and the reviews have been mixed according to who you ask. But for me and my family, the change was a fabulous thing. Plus, I'm 4 months into a project at work, and after I complete six months of it, I can apply for advancement. Which, comes with a pay raise. Another big yahoo!!!
We are going to get our car paid off by the end of the year, so that goal for 2010 will be met. Plus, we've quadrupled what we were paying each month on my student loan. I love me some Dave Ramsey, and I feel like Eric are making very smart decisions regarding our budget and debt. When I get frustrated, I just remind myself to look at our student loans as an investment, rather than just a debt.
I am attending a conference next week at the beach, staying once again at my Aunt's beach house. My Mom is coming to help with the boys, and my Dad will even make it a couple of days b/t his working. More SUN! And Drake of course loves the ocean and beach. I can't wait for more time playing in the waves with him. Unfortunately Daddy has to stay behind to work.
We are taking Drake to the waterpark at the Y today, so we've gotta get going...
2 comments:
Sounds like all is well. Happy to hear the boys are well.
I'm glad to hear you are happy to be back at worth and both boys are thriving!
Post a Comment