Thursday, August 13, 2009

A New Day....

So today is a new day, and the ignorance and immaturity displayed by my blog readers yesterday is gone. As you may have noticed, my comments are now moderated. Untrue and inaccurate information will no longer be added to this blog via other's uneducated comments. Thanks to my friend Kim (the commenter, not the crazy one) about your remarks regarding our c/s rates. Your accuracies are appreciated. A couple of months ago someone sent me the rates for each individual hospital in the Charlotte area. I sure wish I could find that. It was eye-opening to say the least. And as far as beer being natural, I can unfortunately attest to that. My dear husband has a beer brewing kit, and LOVES to make his own beer. So do his brother and BIL. I say unfortunately, because it really stinks when he's boiling it in the kitchen. But it was nice to see how it was made. And no, there weren't artificial chemicals added.

I love Mothering magazine. My Mom got me a subscription to it for Christmas this past year. Yes, it's a very "granola" magazine. It's so nice to sit down with a glass of lemonade, and read letters and articles by women who choose to live their lives the way I do. It's nice to read about support for extended breastfeeding. That's totally something I would do, if these boobs would continue to make milk. I love all the advertisements in the back. It gives me all kinds of great websites for buying products that interest me. As a matter of fact, my nephew's first birthday is coming up, and I found a great website/toy company that I'll be ordering from for his gift. I'm excited! Of course, it will be a wooden toy of some sort. All plastics propaganda aside, they simply last longer.

Drakey is on a walk with Eric right now, but it's just too hot out there for me. I get to spend tonight in the frigid antarctic, AKA the operating room. Oh, what fun. We are trying to work in an extra bottle a day for him, and it went great today. Unfortunately, if he does have a true malabsorption problem, all the bottles in the world won't fix that. The kid L-O-V-E-S sweet peas. As in, tries to eat the entire spoon. It's so cute=)

We went to these big consignment sales in Charlotte last weekend, and scored big! I got Drake a Halloween costume (pea in a pod) for $5. I got a little activity table he can stand at (with a little help for when he tumbles) for only $15. And the big winner was a jumperoo that hangs in the door way, for only $5. He also L-O-V-E-S- his jumperoo. I'm talking squeals and screams in it. He especially likes when the dogs are near it, because he can propel/bounce himself closer to them. He is on a personal mission to pull Lucy's eyes out. She thinks he's comical, but we really have to watch them. Linus wants nothing to do with Drake, which surprises me. We really thought it would be the other way around.

It was brought to my attention that someone called me a self-righteous, spoiled bitch. The person who brought it to my attention thought I'd be really offended. Hardly! I'm well aware that I can be self-righteous at times. And yes, I am VERY spoiled. My parents spoiled me growing up, and now my husband does. Of course, being that I went to school and obtained my Masters, and secured a great job, I also spoil myself. Hell, I'm proud of that. And I plan to spoil my children. And I've been called a bitch ever since I learned to speak up and voice my opinions. That just comes with the territory. But I'd rather be a bitch any day, than a meek and intimidated woman with no mind of her own.

Today's sermon is over......

2 comments:

*Fiona* said...

We need to see photos of Drak in his jumperoos!!!

I've just read the past few posts you have made and still find it incredibly difficult to understand that you could offend someone... Doesn't she know what the "X" button at the top right does!

Being a bitch is fun, being a superbitch is funner lol!

Angela said...

Honey your blog is almost better then mothering mag! I love it!