In other news, I'll be starting a new blog shortly. One for all of my ramblings, and then this one for my family. This one will share all our news and adventures, plus plenty of cute pictures of Drake.
My thoughts and very opinionated opinions will be moving to a new blog. I'm sure it'll piss plenty of people off. Not my problem though. This way, it'll allow our family and friends to keep up with us, without always having another random post about what's on my mind. I think this is one of the better ideas I've had in a long while.......
9 comments:
Why would you feel sorry for the parent of a child who simply doesn't agree with anothers' opinions, which is essentially what he is offering up..and you are as well. Besides that, what don't you take up the opportunity to offer up which exactly of his MANY promises he has kept to our nation, and to our future generation the children...FREEDOM OF CHOICE..get over it.
Marybeth Ashton
please post your new blog site when set up. I love the updates and pics of Drake. I also like to read your rants as I believe you have some valid points. Keep up the good work educatinng the ignorant.
Marybeth, I don't feel sorry for the parents. I feel sorry for the child. It's a shame they had to miss a speech that encouraged them to get an education, and strive to be the best they can. Yeah, your right, that's a HORRIBLE opinion to agree with. It's a good thing we do have freedom of choice, so those children could stay home and miss such a horrible message. It's a shame that a parent can't get over their own dislike for our President, and let their child hear such an INSPIRING MESSAGE. My two cents.....
One more thing to add. This isn't a political blog. Therefore, I won't be taking any of my precious time to list examples of promises President Obama has made, and kept. Thankfully, he still has 3 1/2 years to continue fulfilling his promises.
And Marybeth, I suggest you take the almighty freedom of choice, and choose to quit coming here to read my blog. It obviously puts your panties into a big ol' wad.
Thought for your blog:
I totally agree with Marybeth! I further would like you to further educate yourself regarding Barack Obama's stand on an issue which seems important to you (per your past blogs): inductions.
If you really care about your child and future children, what if this were your child: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA
Would you then want a leader who agrees and endorses legislation regarding more important issues than c/section or inductions of labor?
Ashley Reed
In addition to this not being a political blog, this is also not a blog where I debate abortion. While I am VERY pro-choice, and it's one reason I voted for Obama, I choose not to discuss those issues here. If a parent decided they would rather abort than raise a child with Downs (as the video demonstrates), then in this country, a woman has that right. My OPINION on that video is that President Obama attempted to protect that right. Again, just my two cents, since it is my blog after all.
As far as grammatical errors, English certainly wasn't my major. I was one of those science geeks, always in lab. My grammatical (which I'm probably spelling wrong) errors show a lack of EDUCATION in that subject, not ignorance. Maybe a trip to old Webster's dictionary would be in order here...... If you have nothing nice to say, then keep your mouth shut. Didn't your mother ever teach you that?
Nikki-
Please let me know when your new blog site is posted! I want to follow it and continue to follow this one to see the cute pictures of Drake. I cannot believe some of the comments posted by people on here! It makes me sad.
Thanks for speaking your mind!
Analiese
Just thought I'd let you know this is something we definitely agree on. I am a proud liberal Democrat who voted for Obama (and a Christian too...gasp!) However, I would like to think that I would have appreciated Obama's speech even if I was a Republican. I would have had NO problem with my kids watching a speech by George W. if it was the same content that Obama used.
It just makes no sense.
I don't remember such an up roar when Clinton/Regan/Bush all did a talk to the students?! Why was Obama such a big deal....he pretty much just said be responsible for yourself, stay in school, and find what your passion/purpose is....I don't even see that being a political issue. I thought it was a nice little pep talk at the beginning of a new school year.
And girl you better share you new blog also--you know I want to follow :)
Post a Comment