Last week Drake went to Florence for a long visit- too long for this Mommy! He had Easter pictures on Saturday, and I offered to my parents to keep him for a couple days before those. Well, those stingy grandparents insisted on taking him to Florence on Monday. That's FIVE nights people. My initial response was "Heck No", but then thought about the fact that I was working Tues- Fri. Plus had brunch plans on Saturday. I figured that if I wasn't going to be around to be with my little man, he might as well be having fun at the grandparents. (Eric was also working) So, off he went.
He of course had to fall and bump his head right before they were due to leave. So, halt that plan. He got a huge swollen bump right on his forehead, that immediately turned blue. I wanted to watch him for a little bit before sending him off. If that head bump was going to turn out to be serious, I wanted him ten minutes away from a major Children's Hospital. NOT a helicopter ride away from one. In any case, it all turned out just fine- and a few hours later he was off! From the looks and sounds of things, I'm not really sure he missed Eric or myself. I think he just had too much fun with his Florence family to even think about us!
He spent as much time outside as the weather allowed! He also enjoyed a super fun trip to the bouncy house place- FunDayGo. (It's called Monkey Joe's here in Charlotte.) If you check out the post below, you'll find the link to his gorgeous Easter photos. They turned out super cute, especially the ones in the bunny hat. I LOVE Etsy. It's my personal crack, along with Craigslist. Now, to get onto what you've been waiting for- PICS!
This looks tragic, but it was a bouncy house after all. No injuries to report:-)
I love this picture! He was obviously having such a great time at the bouncy house.
A dirty face from playing outside all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment