Friday, October 2, 2009

H1N1 vaccine..... (again)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2205843/h1n1_flumist_the_nasal_spray_that_keeps.html?cat=70

So, here is the long and short of it. The H1N1 vaccine that comes in the nose spray is called Flumist. It is a LIVE virus, unlike the shots. You literally become a carrier of H1N1 if you choose this method of the vaccine. It "sheds" for up to 21 days, which means that as you move around society, you are spreading the virus. It's a very low rate of transmission, and I've read anywhere from 0.5-3%. Since this is a brand new thing, I don't believe anyone knows for sure.

What does this mean to our family? Well, obviously we won't be getting the Flumist, if we choose to be vaccinated. It also means, that if you get the Flumist version, DO NOT COME NEAR MY FAMILY. ESPECIALLY MY CHILD! No ands, ifs, or buts about it. Please stay away for at least 3 weeks after you are vaccinated. Thanks!!!

We've been super busy lately, with my new job, and Eric's parents in town. It's been a great week, and we are sad to see them leave in the morning. I hope to make it to Merry Marketplace tomorrow, and we want to take Drake to the pumpkin patch. I hope the weather is nice this weekend! Stay tuned for some more blog posts coming up. I have one with some big news, and one all about car seats.

No comments: