Monday, October 19, 2009

I gave up

I gave up on the pediatricians office. I have been trying for AN ENTIRE MONTH to schedule Drake an appointment, and help them get the records. I'm thinking that if they are incapable of getting this done in a months time, then I probably can't count on them if I truly needed them.

In happy news, I have Drake an appointment next week (gasp) with a family doctor that was highly recommended by coworkers. She has young children of her own, and is originally from Argentina. I like that fact that she grew up somewhere else. She's probably more open minded about extended breastfeeding, non circing, and selectively vaxing, than say a pediatrician born and raised in SC. I like for my family's care providers to be open minded, because we certainly don't just follow the crowd.

I'm really happy Drake finally gets his well baby nine month checkup. And he needs to get back on track with his vaccines. More than anything, I just really want him to have a doctor that we can call when he does get sick. As much as I love Dr. Rogers at Doctors Care urgent care center, that gets expensive. Anyways, I just wanted to share our good news of the day!

No comments: