My next appt today was at a pediatrician's office to check it out. I met with the practice manager for about 30 minutes, and then we walked around to show me the office. I met 4 of the doctors while touring, and all were super nice. There was once whos' personality I really liked alot. There are 7 docs total, and 2 PNP's. There is a 24/7 nurse line for minor questions and issues, and always a doc on call. Plus they have 1-2 doctors each day without scheduled appointments; they only see same day sick pts. In general, the practice is provaccination, and conservative with antibiotics. They like to follow the AAP's vaccination schedule, but are open to selective and delayed vac's within reason. And since Shim will be in daycare two days a week, he's going to be required to have his vac's anyways. I will still delay as much as possible, and probably claim religious beliefs in order to delay all Hepatitis. I think between 4-5 years is plenty of time to get all the Hepatitis vaccines. I am also very antibiotic conservative, so that meshes well with the practice beliefs. The office is also open on Saturdays from 9-1 to see sick kiddos. I really liked the practice, and we'll probably go with them. I just need to tell Eric all about it, and get his agreement.
As I was parking at the appt for the pediatrician's appt, I noticed a sign for Clark Pediatric Dentistry. As in Jason Clark, whom I work with from time to time, putting spoiled & horribly misbehaved kids to sleep for dental work. He is great with kids and parents, and really nice to the staff as well. Fortunately for us the two offices are side by side-SWEET! I didn't expect to get two birds with one stone.
So, after that I proceeded on to the daycare I liked so much last week. I showed up unannounced and asked for a second tour. It was just as nice as before, with the exception that it wasn't naptime today. Less sleeping, and more crying going on. I don't love that Shim won't always be immediately tended to when crying. But, I know that in the long run it will be good for him. Being with mommy and daddy 4-5 days a week is still plenty of time to be completely spoiled.
One last thing to add-----WHY DID I QUIT GOING TO WALMART? I love me some Target, and always go there. But today I had time to kill between appts, and ran into Walmart to browse. I found two adorable dresses. They aren't maternity, but can be worn as such. I'm super pumped to be pregnant during a time when big and flowing dresses/tops are so popular. I got both dresses, one cute cardigan like sweater, and a candle--all for $60! I'm so going back to shopping at Walmart. I forgot how great that place can be. And the sooner I cut expenses and pay off debt, the sooner I can be a SAHM!
2 comments:
Nikki,
Glad all is coming along nicely 4 you and that Shim is right on schedule! Your mom is so ultra talented & the theme is so modern, and newborns really react to black and white..so cool! I am so happy for you, tell Shim hello for me!
Kim :0)
Glad all is going well in there! hehe and that you found a good ped group. I do want to throw out there that I don't know if you can do religious belief for select vaccinations..I THINK you have to do all or none for that claim. *rollseyes*
Post a Comment