Monday, October 20, 2008
Asheville weekend
So, I was 30 last Thursday, and Eric is 32 today. It's actually a lot of fun having birthdays only 4 days apart. I don't mind sharing some of the attention, even as much as I LOVE my birthday. Eric's parents came into town last Thursday from Buffalo, and are heading out in the am. My parents came last Thursday just for the day, and we all 6 went to dinner that night. I love this spanish place named Sole, and we went for a fabulous dinner. I had my honorary glass of Sangria, even though I wanted the entire pitcher (or two). On Friday we left for Asheville, which is this fabulous little granola mountain town. For those who aren't familiar, it's an unbelievably hippie town perched in the western NC mountains. It's also the location of the Biltmore house, which is the largest privately owned home in the US. It really is something amazing to see if you've never been. We went and took Eric's parents, since they'd never been. It was beautiful with the leaves changing colors. It was a nice birthday weekend, despite all the Braxton Hicks from walking so much. I can only imagine how different next years birthdays will be having our little man with us. We'll be lucky to celebrate at all probably! Time will be spent planning Shim's first birthday instead. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nikki,
So glad you all had a nice visit to Asheville! It is one of my very favorite places. I remember, and will never forget, the look on the children's faces the first time we brought them to discover its beauty & history. Did you know that the grounds were designed by Frederick Law Olmsted (designer of NY Central Park)! Cool huh! It is amazing that it is still so loved & well preserved since it first open its doors on Christmas Eve in 1895. It is just magnificient in all its radiance! I love it! I so enjoyed visiting the blacksmith shop where he makes the beautiful leaves (as keychains)! It is unforgettable & you look like you had a great time! I'm so happy for you! Tell Shim hello for me & btw you do look so preggo all bundled up, but still cute as ever!
Kim :0)
Post a Comment