Anyhow, NYC was fun and interesting to see. I really wasn't impressed to be honest. I've done enough traveling to large cities that it was very anticlimactic. I will say that I loved the shopping on Canal Street, down in Chinatown. I could've spent much more money there than what I did, given limitless amounts of cash. The boat ride out the the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island was a lot of fun. I was very disappointed that there wasn't even a lookout over the old Twin Towers Site. I got some shots of cranes, and that was about it. One of my favorite things was dinner at Beni Hana(Japanese Hibachi), probably b/c I was so hungry that night. There was lots of walking, and I'm honestly kinda over that as I enter my third trimester. Some walking is great and healthy, but after Europe and NYC, I'm done! We went and saw Mamma Mia on Broadway, which was well worth it. I want to see Lion King next time I go though. That sums up the trip as a whole, and I've got to get going. My inlaws are in town, so I'm going to go hang out some more, and visit with them.
2 comments:
We have a benihannas here! I love it!
I also found New York anti-climatic. I did love the broadway plays though! I'm jealous you got to see Mamma Mia. I saw Rent (third row center!) and Lion King (nose bleed-make sure your in front for this one-it looses luster from the back).
Nikki,
So glad you are home safely & that you got a chance to visit with your family! I found this neat stuff about Shim and decided to share it with you. Have a good day, week, month...you get the idea!
This is day number 192 and you're 27 weeks pregnant!
You have 88 days or 13 weeks left, and are 68.6% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 178 days or 25 weeks. You are due on 1/16/2009.
Fetal Development
Your baby weighs approximately 2 pounds and measures about 9.6 inches from crown to rump. His or her facial features are almost fully developed and synchronizing enough that he or she may make faces that are visible on an ultrasound. Your baby’s skin is becoming thicker and fleshier and increasingly wrinkled, thanks to the amniotic fluid. The skin will remain wrinkled for the first month or so after birth – just think about how your hands or feet look after you have been in the water for just 30 minutes! During this week, the brain continues its rapid growth, and the lungs continue to develop.
Isn't it cool?
Kim :0)
Post a Comment