My sweet boy in his very first cloth diaper! It's a bummi prefold with XS thirsties cover. One reason I was so upset he was teeny was that he'd have to wear sposies :-(
But, I've managed to get the prefolds to work. He loves cloth-see how alert and happy he was about it?

4 Generations! Me and Drake, with my dad and Grandmother.

Snuggle time with his greatgrandmother Sissy. He settled right down in her arms for a nice long nap. She's had a little practice!

He didn't like the third bath of his life any more than the first two, lol.

This photo made me giggle. His boppy was in his crib, and I set him in it a moment to run to the bathroom. I was back in about 4 minutes, but he'd fallen asleep! And I mean a hard sleep too......a little milk coma. It was so sweet--isn't he cute?

I can't believe I'm posting this one, b/c I look SO chunky in it. But it's so cute of my big man! This was is first bath at home. Eric and I gave him his first bath in the hospital. The place we delivered gives you the option of doing it yourself, or letting the nursery staff do it. We really wanted to do it ourselves. He didn't like his second bath any more than the first!

Getting a weight check at the pediatricians. I missed this shot in the hospital. This is when he was 4 pounds, 15.5 ounces. I almost cried....

Much happier when the bath is over, and mommy is snuggling him.

Getting ready for that bath!

So this photo has quite the story to go with it! Fortunately, it's one with a happy ending. When Drake was born on Monday, my parents and SIL Bridget drove up. They spent the night at our house, and came to back to the hospital Tuesday morning. But while they were leaving our house Tuesday am, it was raining, and the concrete was slippery. Bridget slipped, and fell straight down, on her stomach without really even having a chance to guard her fall. Not a big deal for most people, but she is 26 weeks preggo! It scared the crap out of her and my parents. So, my mom called me and asked what she should do as far as going to the hospital and getting checked. I in turn buzzed my nurse, who said that at 26 weeks she should just come to the maternity center. So in a really strange turn of events, my SIL and I were patients at the same time, in the same maternity center. Thankfully everything was just fine, and my niece McCall looked wonderful on the monitors. It was quite the scare! So, I showered and got dressed that am, and poor Bridget was stuck in the bed on the monitor. After getting permission from my nurse, I put Drake in his bassinet, and Eric and I wheeled him down for a little visit. So, this is the infamous photo. We'll be explaining it for years to come :-)
2 comments:
Glad your SIL had everything turn out fine! And don't worry about posting to many pictures---I'm addicted to looking at them!!!!!!!
Tell Drakey to get some meat on those chicken legs!
Post a Comment