Thursday, January 15, 2009

Second pedi appt

Drake had his second pedi appt this morning, and is now above his birth weight at 5 lbs, 9 ounces. I am so darn proud. And the pedi made me feel better about trying to get 2 hours between feedings. Drake likes to snack in the evenings, and Dr. Dorsey said that since he's at birth weight now, I shouldn't feel like I have to let him nurse constantly from 6pm to 11pm. He said if I can get two hours between feedings, it'll help with getting longer stretches of sleep out of him at night. So, we'll see. I'll still be demand feeding for awhile, but may cut out that continuous snack time in the evening.
The rest of his exam looked good. He has a short frenulum, and they gave us a ENT consult in case we want to get it clipped. I had mine done in elementary school after years of speech therapy, and still not being able to say "r". We aren't sure yet if we're going to do it. They do it in the office with a little bit of numbing medicine, and the pedi and lactation consultant both said it's not a big deal. So we'll see......

A US air plane leaving NYC and coming to Charlotte crashed this afternoon, into the Hudson. It appears the passengers are all fine, but keep them all in your thoughts. Even if they are fine physically, that's still one heck of a traumatic experience.

No comments: