Yesterday was probably the scariest day of my life. Frightening, petrifying, and any other adjective I can't think of right now.........they are all adequate descriptions of yesterday. My heart was racing, bordering on straight up palpitations. Why, you ask? Well, Drake and I decided to venture out of the house. Yes, that's right. We left the house. Oh. My. God. We got into that steel cage called a car, and actually went out on the road. Why on earth must people drive so fast? Why doesn't obtaining a drivers license require a thesis and week long driving skill test? I am NOT HAPPY that they actually give TEENAGERS a license. It's absolutely absurd.
Drake and I left the house about 1:15 to run just a couple of errands. Yes, it took the entire morning of getting ready and prepared to leave by 1:15. And I still did not have on any makeup. But hey, I was showered and my teeth were brushed. I even had on a cute shirt. I'll be honest, I don't ever really wear much makeup. It's so much effort and Eric even prefers me without it. We first headed to the UPS store, to ship Aunt Lindsay some hypnobabies material. She wants to see what it's all about since I had the fastest birth ever. Then we headed to Harris Teeter for some juices and gingerale. We had plenty of food at home, but needed more drinks. Here is my handsome man on his first trip to the Teeter.
AFter the Teeter, we ran by the invitation store really quick for some extra envelopes. Aunt Bridget's baby shower for McCall is fast approaching, so those invites are going out tomorrow.
Aunt Lindsay's baby shower for Lacy Ann is Feburary 7th, and we're really sad to miss it. I'm not comfortable taking Drake at 4 weeks old on a plane. Logistically it doesn't bother me, it's the germs that scare me. It's flu and RSV season, and an enclosed plane with recirculated air is not what the Drake-ster needs. We're going to save our Buffalo trips for during warmer weather, when Drake can play with all of his cousins at the cottage.
We're going the the lactation center today at 2pm for a checkup. They do his weight before and after feeding, and tell me how many ounces (approx) he's getting. I just want to know he's gaining! And start asking all of my questions about when to start pumping and introducing bottles. I've gotta start working on my game plan so that I've got a nice supply saved before returning to work.
It's going to be FREEZING in Charlotte this week. Thursday thru Saturday are highs in the 30's and lows in the teens. That is arctic weather for us here. Drake isn't very happy about it, because that means are daily walks will be on hold. I like going for a walk during the warmest part of the afternoon, but only if it's in the 50's or higher.
Our photos from his 5 day old photo shoot will be ready today or tomorrow, and I can't wait to share them with all of you. I've seen one preview, and can I just say AMAZING! Our friend Ryan of Fenix Fotography is one of the most talented people I know.
Well, I'm off for my daily shower. I just wanted to share some more Drake photos and stories.
PS. Keep my friend Caroline and her family in your thoughts. They are leaving Jan 29 for China, to pick up their new daughter! It's so exciting, but think about them during their travels. Best wishes and be careful!
No comments:
Post a Comment