Monday, January 19, 2009

Okay Angela, you asked for pictures......here ya go! It was about time for some new ones. It's certainly not as if I don't take any:-) The rest of our week is pretty laid back, no big plans. But on Saturday, BIG plans. Grandma and Grandpa Kirsch fly in, and Drake is very excited to meet his other set of grandparents. And they are so ready to meet him too! There will be plenty of pictures after their trip. They'll be here Saturday until next Wednesday. We're excited to see them and spend some time together. But I believe they're just coming to hold Drake. Eric and I sure dropped to the bottom of the totem pole!




My cousin Ashlee came to Charlotte today with her daughters Peyton and Pryce, and my Aunt Maggie. It's Peyton's birthday, and she said that all she wanted was to come to Charlotte and meet Drake. She got her wish. And I got to leave the house again, b/c we went to the mall for lunch and birthday shopping. It's supposed to snow tonight, so it'll be a couple of days before we leave the house again.

Pryce loves "Drakey".
Happy 7th Birthday Peyton!
This was hilarious last night. Eric stays up late each night, so he gets Drake in between feedings while I go get a nap in. But, our dogs also know that nights are when they get snuggle time on the couch with daddy. After feeding Drake about 9pm last night, I handed him off to this- Daddy and the doggies. It was one big snuggle party:-)
Eric and Drake- there is a closeup of Drake's outfit below. I love my two favorite men!
He's on Dad's Team!
My big boy finally fits in his size 0 Kissaluvs fitteds. I'm pretty pumped! The cloth diapering is going very well!!! Along with the natural childbirth, CD is something most people didn't think I'd stick with. But, it's something I'm committed to, and I truly love it. CD are SO soft and cuddly. And it's honestly not gross. My hubbie is the best- he can put a prefold, snappi, and cover on like it's his job! He's actually gotten so comfortable with those, that he chooses that over fitteds, pockets, and AIO.
My favorite cloth diaper in my stash, by Green acre Designs. It's a size small, pocket, with PUL....so no cover required. I LOVE this giraffe!
Can he get any cuter? This is his please quit taking my picture face. Look how chunky his cheeks are getting- I love it! It lets me know my demand breastfeeding is going well.
He loves laying around on the boppy newborn lounger pillow. I try to lay him on it in the mornings, during his wide awake moments. As much as I just want to hold him constantly, I try to let him have some time not in my arms.

4 comments:

Lindsay B said...

Yay for the CDs! I can't wait till I get my sewing machine back and fixed so I can do some embroidered ones!!!

Angela said...

OMG fluffy butt pictures AND Dad with dogs/baby-----its all that I dreamed of and MORE!!!!!! I love them!!!!

bestamommy said...

Nikki,

Yeahhhh! I am so proud of you. I so agree with the bf feelings you now have the wonderful opportunity to experience! I am so proud of your big boy, and your job feeding him on the sore boobies..lol..been there, done that...ouch! So, you have done a great job, and he is at birth weight..whoo hoo. Don't let the "house blues" get you too badly, it'll be warm before you know it! The pics are beautiful! He is a doll, and I am so happy of the new love you both get to share now! Keep it up, and take lots of pics! I love em!

Kim :-)

Cheryl said...

so sweet! We had that newborn lounger too, and it was probably our most used baby item. Just a tip...don't move him in it, I did and dropped Cadie at 3 weeks old. I wanted to die.