Our little man had his first pediatrician's appt this morning. His skin color and eyes look great, so he didn't need a repeat bilirubin level. His weight is down 9%, and the pedi told us 10-12% loss in normal. It makes me sad he's so teeny and losing weight, but it was nice to have the reassurance that it is normal. He's a whopping 4 pounds and 15 ounces now. Such a fattie! His assessment was perfect.
My milk is starting to come in, and that makes me feel a lot better. Now he can start packing on the pounds. We go back next Thursday for a weight check, so I'm anxiously awaiting that. In the meantime, I'm just going to continue feeding him as often as possible. He's sleepy and lazy, so I have to harass him to wake up and breastfeed. I'm going to attach a couple more photos of my little man.
3 comments:
I slept about 22 hours a day for a couple months my mom said! I was a lazy lazy baby, I only pooped every couple of days also--NOW thats lazy! LOL
What a cutie! Can't wait to meet him!
Awesome birth story Nikki! I bet you were just on such a high. It's the best feeling ever. Constantine was also quiet and alert for a long stretch of time with our natural CB.
Tina is great and I am so glad you followed what your body needed at the time! Watch out for that Room 18. Something about fast labors, CRNA's, Pineville, Piedmont OB-GYN's and Room 18. Ha ha!
Kim
Post a Comment