Last Monday, we had snow in Charlotte!!!! This only happens every few years, so it's a big deal. The dogs were teeny puppies the last time we had snow, so we doubt they remember. We let them out about 7am, and they had a good time. Here is Linus in the front yard running around.

Linus and Lucy trotting through the back yard, pondering the white stuff.

Linus is SO sweet, he never whines. This is completely opposite from his sister, who whines about EVERYTHING! Linus was just lying outside, on the deck- and never asked to come in! He had to be freezing. We opened the door though, and he came straight in. Notice the snow all around his mouth; he was eating it!

Princess Lucy posing to have her picture taken.

Last Tuesday was when we woke up to all the snow. It was also the day of the inauguration (sp?). Needless to say, we stayed in the entire day due to the weather. But even if it hadn't snowed, we still would've been here the whole day watching TV. I was so excited to watch all of the news coverage, and then the actual swearing in of Obama as President. I am really excited about the potential for change in this country. I really hope Obama delivers on his promises. I don't doubt that he will. And it sure as hell can't be worse than 8 years of Bush and his moronic decisions.

I just had to put on my shirt...it says "Mama for Obama". I wanted a photo of me wearing it, holding Drake, with Obama giving his speech in the background. I'm going to put it in Drake's baby book, because there is a section on current events around the time of his birth.

Drake got snow for his two week birthday!

I didn't want to take my two week old outside, so I took photos of him with the snow out the sliding glass door.

My moby wrap, which I'm quite fond of. I haven't really used it yet, but it's my strategy for grocery shopping. I did try it on to get used to tying it. Drake seemed to like it better than the hotsling. I never thought I'd be a granola, baby wearing, attachment parenting kinda gal.

My friend Paula from Grad school came to visit last week, to meet Drake.

Grandma Sue in her moment of glory- holding Drake for the first time.

I thought this was funny, because you can see dry crusty milk at the corner of his mouth. It doesn't matter how many times I wipe his face, he always has crusty milk mouth.

A big yawn from a big boy! I can just kiss this cute face all day long.

He loves his fingers and sucking/chewing on them. He mainly does it when it's getting close to feeding time. That, along with rooting his head around, are his two main feeding cues.

"TOUCHDOWN"This makes me giggle...

We have tummy time every day, and sometimes he likes it more than others. The dogs usually sit on the floor with us and watch. See Linus? I am amazed how strong Drake's head and neck are already. He can really hold it up for a second or two....but I couldn't capture a photo of it.

3 comments:
We stayed up till 2am to watch obama get sworn in! It was GREAT!!!s
Nikki, he's just sooooo gorgeous. Seeing these photos makes me more impatient to meet my little person1!!
So cute of pics :D I just want to give him kisses! Can't wait for my baby to be born!!!
Post a Comment